Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-settings.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class BPDB in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.bpdb.php on line 183

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::start_lvl() should be compatible with BB_Walker::start_lvl($output) in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::end_lvl() should be compatible with BB_Walker::end_lvl($output) in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::start_el() should be compatible with BB_Walker::start_el($output) in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::end_el() should be compatible with BB_Walker::end_el($output) in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Object_Cache in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-object-cache.php on line 285

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/functions.wp-object-cache.php on line 108

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Http in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-http.php on line 67

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Http_Cookie in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-http.php on line 1633

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/pomo/mo.php on line 171

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/functions.bb-l10n.php on line 484

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Users in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-users.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class BP_Roles in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.bp-roles.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Auth in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-auth.php on line 36

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Dependencies in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-dependencies.php on line 33

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Taxonomy in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-taxonomy.php on line 36

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-taxonomy.php on line 581

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php on line 9

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/class.bp-options.php on line 26

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php on line 9

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::prefix() should not be called statically in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/class.bp-options.php on line 49

<br /> <b>Strict Standards</b>: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in <b>/home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php</b> on line <b>9</b><br /> Vaishnava scholar proves Allah has a form from Koran « Absolute-Truth Forums

Absolute-Truth Forums » Truth Musings

Vaishnava scholar proves Allah has a form from Koran

(1 post)
  1. Anonymous

by Mansoor Ali (Manoram Gaura das) for ABTN.
    This is a short report on a successful refutation of the erroneous claims of Dr. Zakir Naik through his own religious texts.

Introduction to Zakir Naik
    Its about a discussion I had with a group of zealous Muslim youth preachers. I was invited by some Islamic preachers in Jamia Millia University Delhi for discussing Hinduism and Islam. The Muslims eventually accepted that Allah had a form and it was unknown to them.

Rated by “India Today magazine” as the 3rd most popular religious guru in India, Dr. Zakir Naik(DZN) is known for extolling the moral and spiritual superiority of Islam and lampooning other faiths in general during his public lectures and debates.

DZN through his privately owned 24/7 Islamic channel called “PEACE TV” viewed by millions world wide, preaches to the Hindus that “God is not an image” using 3-4 selected verses from the Vedic texts as it conforms to the Islamic belief that Allah is imageless (Though He is not, which is evident from authentic and explicit Islamic texts) resulting in conversion of scores of ignorant Hindus to Islam.

A friendly interfaith discussion
    I was invited by a group of Muslim students at the Jamia University in Delhi on 7th June 2010 for a friendly discussion on Islam and Hinduism. I was alone and there were 11 Muslim boys along with another Hindu student who was strongly influenced by Islam in their PG hostel. They first began talking of Oneness of God in all religions. Then they showed me the youtube link of ZN's talk

In the first 2 minutes Dr. ZN says “of that God there is no pratima, pratima in Sanskrit means Image, painting, sculpture, idol”. He further says “the svetasvatara Upanishad in chapter number 4, verse number 19 says, of that god there is no image, there is no picture, no painting, there is no portrait, no sculpture, there is no statue, there is no idol”. “Same thing in Yajurveda 32:3 “na tasya pratima asti.”

After playing this for me, they said “see your very own texts say that God is not an image, then why are you worshiping Idols, it is against Hindu texts”

I thanked them for showing me the video and asked them, “Does Allah have a form or not?” Unanimously they said “ NO”, then one of the students named Farooq said “ Allah Shakal se paak, Jism se paak, Jihudd(direction) se paak, Allah har Aib se paak hai” translation ( Allah is free from face, free from body, free from direction and He is free from all these fallacies/impurities) Another Muslim boy said “far exalted is He above what they ascribe unto Him”

I was waiting to hear all this and right then I unfurled a set of documented evidence from their MOST AUTHENTIC ISLAMIC texts which showed that Allah has a form, Allah is a shape shifter, Allah will be seen in person like the full Moon can be seen, Allah will uncover His leg (shin) to the inmates of Paradise and Allah has TWO hands as specified by Him in Quran, plus a lot more”

I showed them all these quotes to which the Muslim students responded differently. Some were confused and their main leader Faisal Hashmi said

“We believe in them without venturing into ta’weel interpretation) or trying to understand its meaning.”
    He further said that “the Muslims follow Tafweed (relegation) in such ambiguous attributes of Allah, we don’t reject this and this is the position of the majority of the hadith scholars and predecessors (salaf). We accept it and only Allah knows the modality (kaifiyyah)of it”

It is important to know that even Dr. Zakir Naik follows the same school of thought which accepts everything literally without giving interpretation and relegates its actual meaning to Allah alone.

I quoted them this part from their Sahi Hadith from Sahih Bukhari: ‘Then the Almighty will come to them in a shape other than the one which they saw the first time, and He will say, 'I am your Lord,' and they will say, 'You are not our Lord.' And none will speak: to Him then but the Prophets, and then it will be said to them, 'Do you know any sign by which you can recognize Him?'They will say. 'The Shin,' and so Allah will then uncover His Shin. A brother from amongst them said

“The answer is very simple. The Quran speaks of the hereafter as being another kind of universe perating with different laws.”

I replied that “I agree that there are different laws governing the Spiritual universe. But THE PERSON OF GOD WILL REMAIN THE SAME. Those laws will not affect the person of God and His attributes.”

Upon hearing this they started arguing amongst themselves, confused over these ambiguous narrations in their texts. Finally their leader Faisal Hashmi said: “We accept what the hadiths say as it is and we believe that Allah will display His form to us in Paradise, but we do not know the form and will see it only in the hereafter, even if He has a form it is not necessary to worship it as it is unknown”

Muslims accept form of Allah
    I thanked him for answering my question and asked If Quran and Hadith so explicitly talk of Allah’s shape, form, leg, palm, fingers and hands and you acknowledge that His form will be seen on the day of judgment then how on earth Dr. Zakir Naik is saying that God is imageless? I said this was gross
    denial of the fact of Allah’s shape mentioned in your most authentic texts. DZN contradicts his own books and texts which may lead him astray. I said that it is absolutely evasive to say that “we don’t know the modality, and don’t get into the interpretation, and relegate it to Allah”. This is not an answer to any question. I further told them that the Vedic texts describe every minute detail of God’s form and so hindus worship Him in accordance to those divine descriptions”

Finally they said they will get back to me and would like to meet me again sometime soon.

I said I would look forward to it. I explained to them the sloka from Isopanisad “ Om Purnam adah purnam idam…” explaining that the Complete Whole is not formless. If He were formless, or if He were less than His creation in any other way, He could not be complete. The Complete Whole must contain everything both within and beyond our experience; otherwise He cannot be complete.

More Articles
    1.Interfaith dialogue on Islam and Hinduism
    2.Islam and Vedas

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.