Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-settings.php on line 186

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class BPDB in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.bpdb.php on line 183

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::start_lvl() should be compatible with BB_Walker::start_lvl($output) in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::end_lvl() should be compatible with BB_Walker::end_lvl($output) in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::start_el() should be compatible with BB_Walker::start_el($output) in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::end_el() should be compatible with BB_Walker::end_el($output) in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/class.bb-walker.php on line 148

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Object_Cache in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-object-cache.php on line 285

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/functions.wp-object-cache.php on line 108

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Http in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-http.php on line 67

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Http_Cookie in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-http.php on line 1633

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/pomo/mo.php on line 171

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/functions.bb-l10n.php on line 484

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Users in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-users.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class BP_Roles in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.bp-roles.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Auth in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-auth.php on line 36

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Dependencies in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-dependencies.php on line 33

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WP_Taxonomy in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-taxonomy.php on line 36

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/class.wp-taxonomy.php on line 581

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php on line 9

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/class.bp-options.php on line 26

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php on line 9

Strict Standards: Non-static method BP_Options::prefix() should not be called statically in /home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/class.bp-options.php on line 49

<br /> <b>Strict Standards</b>: Non-static method BP_Options::get() should not be called statically in <b>/home/absolut6/public_html/forums/bb-includes/backpress/functions.bp-options.php</b> on line <b>9</b><br /> How to be eco-friendly « Absolute-Truth Forums

Absolute-Truth Forums » Truth Musings

How to be eco-friendly

(1 post)
  1. Anonymous

There was an article requesting people to propagate the message of using cloth and jute bags instead of plastic bags to avoid its harmful effects. It was really a good initiative. The initiative was taken by a site called http://www.smallsteps.in

Following article was a request to the site for an alternate approach for the problem.

My approach to solve the environmental problems seem orthodox initially. But we can not always resort to unorthodox means. At times, a systematic approach is essential. For any problem, firstly we need to identify the root cause. The clogging of plastic, the depletion of ozone layer, the acid rains, radioactive waste, reduction of sea population etc are not problems but symptoms of some other bigger problem. Do you think that campaigning regarding the use of cloth bags etc is alone enough driving force for people to stop using plastic. We need some motivation for people to follow. What is it that drives people to do activities that will harm the nature and create disturbance? Getting an answer to this question will make one realize the difference between the symptom and the real disease. We need to think with an open mind.

The Bhagavad Gita chapter 16 verses 13-15 say that

The demoniac person thinks: "So much wealth do I have today, and I will gain more according to my schemes. So much is mine now, and it will increase in the future, more and more. He is my enemy, and I have killed him; and my other enemy will also be killed. I am the lord of everything. I am the enjoyer. I am perfect, powerful and happy."

The above reference states that the problem is not these petty ones like improper waste disposal, misuse of plastic, paper, dripping water etc. The real problem is our tendency to lord it over everyone and everything. This is the real disease. If a person before taking an unnecessary printout realized that this paper and ink and the electricity is not his property but it belongs to the Lord who created it, and he is illegally taking the Lord's property for his personal pleasure, he will not do it.
    As I told earlier, my explanations may seem orthodox. But statistics prove my point. In modern world, people use anything and everything for their own pleasure and not even a bit is done for the pleasure of the Lord. People don't even want to give a few minutes of their time for the pleasure of the Lord. The consequences are that the world is in a chaos.
    On the contrary, in olden days, people lead a life centered around the Supreme Lord. If the lady of the house would cook food, she would do so for the Lord. If new clothes were brought, they would first be offered to the Lord. When people had time they would discuss topics of the Lord instead of wasting time or mundane TV programs and movies. Since the children would grow in such an environment they would naturally possess qualities to remain friendly with the Lord and his nature. No such campaign was separately needed.

Irrespective of whether we believe in this or no, we are sure to suffer the reactions. And bringing changes in our life style to be centered around the Lord is no harm either. In fact, it gives much more pleasure. When we sing and dance in a party or something for some mundane song glorifying the beauty of some actor or actress, we get some pleasure. Just imagine how much pleasure we may get if we sing and dance glorifying the person who is alone responsible to create and destroy everyday millions of such beautiful persons all over the cosmic creation.

My humble request to you is that we must get together and campaign in this regard. I am not speaking whimsically. I know many success stories in this type of campaigning. There are many people all over the world who have adopted the lifestyle I am mentioning and have become so environment friendly. They don't spend time watching TV, nor do they go for movies. When they go for outings, they don't throw bottles of soft drinks or alcohol here and there as they don't have them at all. And they do all this not by any force but by the enthusiasm they get in offering all that they possess to the Lord. This pleasure must be experienced, it can't be explained.

Lord Krishna says in the Bhagavad Gita 5.29

The sages, knowing Me as the ultimate purpose of all sacrifices and austerities, the Supreme Lord of all planets and demigods and the benefactor and well-wisher of all living entities, attain peace from the pangs of material miseries.

If we understand that the Lord is the enjoyer of everything, then we will be always at peace. Else we will always be in a situation of disturbance.

We must not be sentimental and reject these statements just because we are told that they are present in some religious scriptures which are not scientifically proved. Nor does one become in-secular by accepting these statements. These are purely logical statements that are statistically proved also to do good to the society. This was a process that worked successfully once upon a time. With our current approach we have seen chaos and awaiting much more of it. Why should we not have an open mind to experiment this approach to solve the problem rather than curb the symptom.

This is the campaign we can get together and propagate. This has till date given 100% success and all people influenced by this campaign have changed their life style and are a great boon to the nature and its creator.

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.